Fiona Nixon Head of Corporate Affairs
Quite a few customers have asked us about what makes up the look and feel of the Bank Australia brand? Why did we choose magenta? What are those jagged lines on our collateral?
So here’s some background into how and why we developed the brand.
The logo is based on the idea of an open book, which is what we are committed to be for our customers; transparent and accessible.
It represents our core values and is what you get when you combine ‘responsible’ and ‘banking’.
We have three main brand colours: Navy, which we call Southern Cross; magenta, which we call Corymbia; and orange, which we call Alice.
- Southern Cross evokes a sense of security, trustworthiness and professionalism that you would expect from a bank.
- Corymbia signifies our progressive approach to banking. It was also a colour that allowed us to stand out from other banks.
- Alice reflects the Australian landscape and acknowledges our heritage by retaining our predecessor’s primary colour.
One of our main visual elements for the brand is the three tiered backdrop in our three main colours.
These are based on landscapes throughout Australia. So far we have landscape illustrations for the following areas of our beautiful country.
- The Strzelecki Ranges, Victoria
- The Great Dividing Range, Victoria
- Licola, Victoria
- Bright, Victoria
- Charters Towers, Queensland
- Rathdowney Queensland
- Namadgi National Park ACT
- Flinders Ranges South Australia
- Baldina Station, South Australia
- Bunyeroo Valley, South Australia
- Murray Valley, New South Wales
- Mutawintji National Park, New South Wales
- Westerway, Tasmania
- Karijini National Park, Western Australia
- Denmark, Western Australia
- Nullagine, Western Australia
- Stirling Ranges, Western Australia
- Palm Valley, Northern Territory
The talent in our photography are real Bank Australia customers in their homes, jobs and leisure time.
Our illustrations were created by Australian illustrator Lachlan Conn using our brand colours in a fun and contemporary style.
We are using a responsible typeface that embodies the values and personality of the brand.
Our font, FS Me Pro, is designed specifically to improve legibility for people with learning disabilities.
The font was researched and developed with Mencap, the UK’s leading charity and voice for those with learning disabilities. A percentage of the proceeds for purchasing the font is returned to Mencap to assist them with their work. We did try and find an equivalent Australian font but there’s wasn’t one available.
What do you like most about our new brand?