Bank Australia is concerned for the safety and wellbeing of the people and communities affected by the bushfire crisis currently affecting many areas of Australia. We encourage any Bank Australia customer affected by the bushfires to get in touch to discuss their situation and the assistance we can provide.
As we have always done in times of disaster, our customer assistance team will work with affected customers to provide the most appropriate support for their situation. This may include the following support options to help people through this difficult time:
- Pausing scheduled loan repayments
- Deferring interest payments on a case-by-case basis
- Deferring upcoming credit card payments
- Increasing emergency credit card limits
- Debt consolidation to help make repayments more manageable
- Restructuring existing loans free of the usual establishment fees.
Customers who need help can call us on 132 888 Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-2pm (AEDST). If you are insured by Allianz Insurance, support is available to customers 24/7 by calling 131 013 or claim online.
As a customer owned responsible bank, Bank Australia is committed to supporting its customers and the communities that are affected by natural disasters.