On Monday 17 August, bankmecu opens its doors as Bank Australia. Here’s what to expect.
There is a lot that is staying the same:
- The bank’s BSB; and, your customer and account numbers stay the same
- There are no changes to the operation of or the terms and conditions associated with your accounts, loans and credit cards
- You will not need to change the details and passwords you use to access your banking
- The opening hours of our branches and the 132 888 contact centre stay the same
- You still have access to more than 3000 ATMs
- Your cards will still operate and there is no need to change them. Cards will be switched over to Bank Australia on renewal
- If you have an online application for a loan in progress, it will not be affected.
Bank Australia website
Internet banking will be accessible via a link named My Account in the top right corner of the new Bank Australia homepage. If you use a bookmark in your browser for internet banking, please visit the new website and update your bookmark.
In response to feedback from customers, there have been some improvements made to internet banking including:
- the inclusion of a running balance and date which will be displayed with each transaction
- the addition of extra options to the search function so it’s easier to use
- adjustment to the layout of transaction histories to allow more information to fit on each page.
Important note: As part of our change of name the bank will not be sending you any email communication requesting any personal details or asking you log-in to internet banking and make any changes. We will never ask you for your PIN or your internet banking log in details. If you receive any such emails or requests, please do not click any links in them and forward them to: [email protected].
From Monday an upgrade to our banking apps will be available in iTunes and Google Play. These versions of the app have been designed with the new Bank Australia colours.
Your current bankmecu app will continue to work so there is no need to upgrade it immediately. If you have auto updates turned on for your apps you will automatically update to the Bank Australia app.
Thank you for your support
All of us at bankmecu are looking forward to continuing to serve you as Bank Australia and we thank you for your ongoing support of the bank.
If you have any questions about the change of name to Bank Australia please see our FAQs or give us a call on 132 888.