We’re here for you
Banking is included as an essential service under the shutdowns announced by governments across Australia. This means our branches and Contact Centre are open, and all our digital and phone banking options are available.
More customers are calling us than usual, so there’s longer wait times. Please be patient and kind to our staff, we’re all doing our best during the pandemic.
Can you help us during COVID-19, by using self-serve?
So many of our customers are struggling under the pandemic – they’re losing their jobs, their small businesses are closed, and they need to talk to us urgently. By using self-serve for day-to-day banking, you help our branch and Contact Centre staff be available for our customers most in need. And for that help, we thank you.
Another benefit is that self-serve banking can be done from home, which reduces the COVID-19 risk for you and our staff. Self-serve is quick, available 24/7 and has no queues.
Our self-serve banking options include:
If you do need to go into a branch, please stand 1.5m apart from other customers and our staff, wash your hands before entering, and cough and sneeze into your elbow. If you’re sick in any way, please wait until you’re well to visit a branch.
Support for customers affected by COVID-19
Our team is here to support you during COVID-19. We know everyone has different circumstances, so we can tailor our help.
- A deferral of home loan repayments for up to 3 months, with a possible 3 month extension
- Debt consolidation to help with repayments
- Other assistance as needed
For the next six months, we've automatically waived the monthly fee on Everyday Access accounts.
- Up to 6 month loan repayment deferrals for small business customers
- Reduce most variable business loan rates by 0.25%p.a for existing commercial customers
For the next six months, we've automatically waived the monthly fee on Commercial Access accounts.
New products and rates
We are now offering:
- A new 12-month term deposit rate at 1.80%p.a. for interest paid at maturity or 1.70% for interest paid monthly for a limited time.
- Reducing new fixed rate home loans by up to 1.05%p.a for 1, 2, and 3-year loans for owner occupiers and investors with Principal and Interest repayment terms.
More information to come.
Is my money safe with Bank Australia?
This is a challenging time for the economy and we know that can be unsettling. We assure you, your money is safe with us.
Bank Australia meets the same strict standards as all Australian banks, including being covered by the Financial Claims Scheme (the FCS, known as the deposit guarantee). The FCS provides protection to certain deposits in authorised deposit-taking institutions (ADIs) up to $250,000 AUD per account holder.
Travel insurance advice
In response to the widespread travel restrictions in place, our travel insurance partner Allianz has developed FAQs. Please read these before calling us - they should answer most of your early questions.
Information you can trust
For the facts, go to:
- Australia Government Department of Health for the current Australian situation
- World Health Organization (WHO) for global health updates and information
- Sign up for WHO's WhatsApp alerts for updates and interactive facts
- ABC News, as Australia’s public broadcaster, for news updates