Skip to main content

PLANNED OUTAGE on Saturday 24 July to Sunday 25 July: 21:00pm - 08:00am AEST. New customers who want to sign up online will be unable to. We're very sorry for any inconvenience caused. Call us on 132 888 'til 8:00pm AEST Friday and between 9am-2pm AEDT on Saturday if you have any questions or need a hand. View details


What is the difference between Comprehensive, Compulsory Third Party, and Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance?

Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance provides you with cover for people killed or injured in a motor vehicle accident for which you or the driver of your vehicle are at fault. CTP insurance is compulsory in all states of Australia and does not provide any cover for damage to property. Comprehensive Car Insurance however, does provide cover for damage to property. It provides cover for damage to your own vehicle, theft of your vehicle and damage you cause to other people's property and vehicles. This is different to Third Party Property Damage Insurance which only provides you with cover for loss or damage to someone else's property caused by a car accident which is your fault.