Where can I use Samsung Pay?
Near Field Communication (NFC) and Magnetic Secure Transaction (MST) support means that Samsung Pay is accepted virtually anywhere you can pay by tapping or swiping your credit card. MST technology means Samsung Pay can be used almost everywhere around the globe.
How do I make payment in stores with a compatible Samsung smartphone?
1. Initiate Samsung Pay by either swiping-up from the home button or opening the Samsung Pay app from the home screen.
2. Select your Visa debit or credit card by swiping left or right.
3. Verify your fingerprint and touch your phone to either the card reader or NFC reader to complete the transaction. Alternatively, enter your 4-digit Samsung Pay PIN if you have chosen not to use the fingerprint feature. If you have a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ smartphone you can authorize the payment using the Iris scanner. Please note that you must wait until the verification is over before touching your phone to the reader or an error might occur.
How do I make payment in stores with a compatible Samsung Gear smartwatch?
1. After putting on your Gear smartwatch, you will be prompted to enter PIN once to authenticate the device. Samsung Pay on Gear needs to be authenticated each time the Gear smartwatch is put on and requires a periodic connection to a compatible smartphone with Samsung Pay and internet access.
2. Press and hold the Back button to launch Samsung Pay.
3. The last card used or latest card added will be shown. You can select the card you want to pay by swiping left or right, or by rotating the bezel to select card.
4. Tap on the Pay button to make payment.
5. Place the top crown of your Gear smartwatch near the NFC or MST area to pay.
Is there a transaction limit when using Samsung Pay?
Yes, the transaction limits that apply to Samsung Pay are the same as your Visa debit or credit card. For transaction over $100 you will be asked to enter your card PIN in to the retailer’s terminal.
How do I return an item purchased with Samsung Pay in stores?
All purchases made with Samsung Pay can be returned according to the store’s policies. If you return an item paid for with Samsung Pay, the store may require you to tap your phone onto either the card reader or the NFC reader to complete the return.
Is Samsung Pay secure?
Samsung Pay uses Tokenization, a Secure Environment, and Samsung KNOX to secure your payment information. Additionally, you verify either using your fingerprint, Iris scanner (Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ devices only) or a 4-digit PIN when making purchases. For more details on Samsung Pay security features visit www.samsung.com/au/apps/samsungpay/