Flood cover is an option on both Building and Contents in Home and Landlords policies. Please call Bank Australia on 132 888 to find out whether you are eligible for Flood cover. For full details of terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of all our home insurance cover options, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement any supplementary PDS and Home Buildings or Home Contents Key Fact Sheets.
Protect your home inside and out from loss or damage caused by one or more of 11 insured events.
Get protection for your home buildings and your contents by combining buildings and contents covers on the one policy.
If you take both Building and Contents insurance here’s how they can work together if the unexpected occurs:
- Your house burns down. You could lose all your buildings, and everything in them. With adequate sums insured under Buildings and Contents covers, you could rebuild and replace your insured belongings.
- A fire damages your kitchen. You could repair or rebuild built-in damaged parts of your kitchen, such as benchtops, with Buildings cover. Then you could replace damaged items like blinds and kitchenware under your Contents cover.
- A thief smashes your window, breaks the lock and steals your belongings. You can fix the window and lock through your Buildings cover and replace the items that were stolen under your Contents cover.
Plus, you will only have to pay the applicable excess(es) once in respect of any single claim if your buildings and contents are damaged by the same insured event.
What does Home and Contents Insurance cover?
The better you understand your policy, the easier it will be if you ever have to claim.
Here is a limited summary of the benefits of a building and contents insurance policy. For full details of the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply please read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), any applicable supplementary PDS and Home Buildings and Home Contents Key Fact Sheets (KFS) before making a decision to purchase the insurance.
Select the cover to suit your needs.
Effective 22 Febuary 2021
Apply to add any of these optional covers for an additional premium and greater cover.
Policy documents and Key Fact Sheets
We do not provide advice based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision please refer to the relevant Home or Landlord Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), any applicable supplementary PDS and Home Buildings, Home Contents, Landlord Buildings or Landlord Contents Key Fact Sheet also available for reference.
Bank Australia Limited ABN 21 087 651 607 AFS Licence No. 238431 arranges this insurance as agent for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (Allianz) ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708. We do not provide any advice based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision please consider the Product Disclosure Statement. If you purchase this insurance, Bank Australia will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium (including renewals and variations) and may be entitled to a profit share or marketing allowance if certain thresholds are met in agreed periods regarding this and other types of insurance policies entered into under Bank Australia’s arrangements with Allianz. Details are provided in the Financial Services Guide, available in branch, by calling 132 888 or at https://www.bankaust.com.au/
1. Online discount
- When you buy a new home insurance policy online a discount of up to 10% is applied to your first years premium including the following optional covers (if selected); Accidental damage, Flood, Motor Burnout and Portable Contents. This discount is not applied on renewal.
- [Landlord] When you buy a new Landlord insurance policy online a premium discount of up to 10% is applied to your first years premium including the optional cover Flood. This discount is not applied on renewal.
A discount of up to 10% for combining Buildings and Contents covers on one policy is applied for Building and Contents, Motor Burnout and Accidental damage cover where applicable. The combined policy discount does not apply to the optional Flood or Portable Contents covers. This combined discount does not apply to Landlord Insurance policies.
3. Minimum premiums
If you are eligible for more than one discount, Allianz applies them in a predetermined order. This means any subsequent discount will be applied to the reduced premium amount after applying any prior discounts and the effect of the subsequent discount will be reduced. For example, the aggregate effect of applying two 10% discounts consecutively means that you will not see the full benefit of both these discounts.
Discounts do not apply to taxes or government charges.
Discounts do not apply to optional covers for Domestic Workers Compensation / Landlord Workers Compensation, and may not apply to other optional covers (if available and selected).
Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and may only apply to the extent that any minimum premium is not reached.
4. Option to change your excess
Not available when an additional compulsory excess or imposed excess applies. Minimum Premiums apply.
5. Instalment premiums
If you choose to pay your premium by instalments you do not pay us any more than if you pay your premium in one lump sum annually. The premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding. Note: Your financial institution may apply transaction fees to instalment payments.