Personal lending applications for Bank Australia customers.
Bank Australia customers can now apply for personal loans and credit through their internet banking. To apply, log in to internet banking, click the ‘apply’ tab and choose the product you’re looking for. We'll be in touch to organise your application.
Due to high demand, we’re unable to take your application by phone right now. If you need help, call our lending team on 132 888 and follow the prompts.
Not a Bank Australia customer? We’ll be able to help you soon.
Due to high volume of home loans, personal loan and credit card applications, we’re not accepting new applications from people who aren’t already a customer of ours.
We’re in the process of scaling up to meet this demand so we can resume online applications as soon as possible. We’ll keep you up to date on when applications will resume.
effective 1 July 2021
Flexible credit card payment options
With our Platinum Rewards Visa credit card you'll enjoy competitive interest rates, Qantas points on your purchases, complimentary travel insurance and up to 55 days interest free. Share the pleasure with an additional card.
Make instant transfers between your Bank Australia savings account and credit card.
Use card controls to manage how you’d like to transact on your accounts.
24/7 fraud monitoring
24/7 fraud monitoring to ensure that your money is safe at all times.
Why choose the Platinum Rewards Visa Credit Card?
Credit Card Repayments calculator
Calculate your monthly credit card repayments for different amounts, interest rates and fees.
Credit Card support for customers
Explore our security hub and card controls feature.
24/7 Fraud monitoring
24/7 fraud monitoring to ensure that your money is safe at all times.
Decide what features you want enabled on your card and simply switch them on and off from your app or internet banking.
Start using your card
Getting started is simple and fast.
Did you know your choice of bank has a huge impact on the world?
Find out what we do to support people and the planet.
We’re proud members of the B Corp movement, committed to embedding purpose in all aspects of our business. We use banking as a force for good.
The money in your account is used by banks to make loans and investments - to industries that do good or those that do harm. So where you bank ultimately shapes the world we live in.
Important information about your complimentary credit card travel insurance
The Australian Government has issued advice for Australians not to travel overseas. In addition, a number of Australian State and Territory Governments have imposed travel and other restrictions. Because of this advice, the insurance that’s included on your credit card may not provide coverage.
For customers who have already activated complimentary credit card travel insurance, eligibility to claim remains the same. We recommend you check your Information Booklet for coverage details.
The Allianz Travel Team is currently experience high call volumes and waiting times. If you need to make a travel claim, we encourage you to do so at http://www.travelclaims.com.au. If you are looking for information about the impact of COVID-19 on travel insurance, read Allianz’s FAQs.
*In providing you with this information you should consider the appropriateness of this advice with regards to your particular financial situation and needs. You should consult the Product Disclosure Documents and Key Fact Sheet before making a decision to apply for products with Bank Australia.
Rates apply to new applications received from 10/09/2020 however are subject to change at anytime.
Terms, conditions, fees and charges apply. Loans subject to normal lending criteria and approval.
1. Eligible purchases mean the purchase of goods or services from merchants accepting your Credit Card (including GST payable for those goods or services by you) excluding Ineligible Purchases. These include balance transfers, business expenses, cash advances and more. View list of Ineligible Purchases.
2. Free Qantas Frequent Flyer membership, (that is membership without having to pay the usual $89.50 joining fee is offered by Qantas Airways Limited ABN 16 009 66 901. This offer is available from 1 June 2014 but may be withdrawn at any time. This offer is non- transferrable and is not available in conjunction with any other offer. Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the program and each application is subject to approval by Qantas.
3. A points cap of 20,000 Qantas Points applies for each monthly statement cycle. Bonus Qantas Points do not count towards the points cap.
4. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn Qantas Points. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
5. Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number) purchased on the Qantas merchant account, i.e. directly with Qantas or some travel agents, and Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees apply. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, Qantas branded non airfare products, Qantas Freight and Qantas Staff Travel.
6. Qantas and Partner Classic Flight Rewards are subject to capacity controls and availability is strictly limited particularly at peak times such as school and public holidays. Some flights may not have any Classic Flight Rewards available. For Classic Flight Rewards flights, taxes, fees,and carrier charges are payable in addition to the points required, are subject to change and are quoted at the time of booking. Classic Flight Rewards flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure and other advance booking requirements may apply. For more information see qantas.com./classicflightrewards
7. Classic Flight Upgrade Awards are subject to capacity controls and availability (which is limited). Classic Flight Upgrades are not available on Classic Flight Rewards or on international airfares booked in E, N, O, P, Q and X class. You must have an eligible paid and confirmed ticket on a Qantas operated service (with a QF flight number on your ticket).
9. Bank Australia Limited ABN 21 087 651 607 AFS Licence No 238431 the insured, has entered into a Group Policy for overseas travel insurance with Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 (Allianz), the insurer. AWP Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 52 097 227 177, AFSL 245631) trading as Allianz Global Assistance is authorised by Allianz to arrange the Group Policy and deal with and settle any claims on its behalf and provides no advice. The benefit of the cover under the Group Policy is extended automatically to Bank Australia Platinum Rewards Visa Credit Cardholders where certain eligibility criteria are met (eligible cardholders). Eligible cardholders do not have their own policy or enter into a contract of insurance with Allianz. Subject to certain terms and conditions, they have the right to recover the amount of their loss from Allianz solely by operation of section 48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). Bank Australia is not the agent of Allianz or the eligible cardholders, does not provide any advice and does not receive any commission in relation to the cover. Refer to the Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance Information Booklet, available here for all information about cover, including full terms and conditions and limits and exclusions that apply.
10. Benefit available where at least 50% of the amount payable for the overseas travel (including accommodation arrangements) for you and any accompanying person is paid using your Platinum Rewards Visa Credit Card before the start of your travel.
11. Accompanying persons are your spouse (or legally-recognised de facto) and/or your dependents under the age of 21 who travel with you for the entire trip. The maximum cover provided, regardless of the number of persons the claims relate to is $1,000,000. Benefit limits and sub-limits apply. There is no cover while travelling in Australia.
12. Refer to the Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance Information Booklet available at here, for all information about cover, including full terms and conditions and limits and exclusions that apply.
13. Interest will be charged on any purchase you make using your Platinum Rewards Visa Credit Card from the day you make the purchase, with no interest-free period applying while a balance transfer is outstanding.