How to apply
You can start with our online form or call us.
What will the application form ask?
Get ready to answer all kinds of questions about yourself. If borrowing with another person, their details will be required too.
- Personal and contact details.
- Citizenship status.
- Employment and income.
- Regular bills and credit limits (rent, cards, other loans, pay later products).
- Discretionary spending like sporting memberships, travel and so on.
As a guide to the Bank Australia application, allow 15 minutes or so of preparation time, and another 10 minutes to complete the first part of the form.
From there, we call you once we have your form and may go through more questions with you – if there are any blanks, for example, and also if you have questions we can help you with. This step can take as little as 1 business day, noting that if application volumes are high, we may need 5 business days or more.
Buying – paperwork requirements
When you first apply, your paperwork doesn’t need to be ready to go just yet. But you will need to provide paperwork soon after our assessment – assuming your application is looking good on paper. If you get to this point, we’ll ask you for exactly what we need to see.
As a guide:
- Personal identification documents.
- Proof of employment and income such as payslips, tax returns or bank statements.
- Evidence of your cost of living, savings and your deposit, like bank statements
- Other documents related to your particular circumstances.
Read more about applying for a home loan.
Refinancing – paperwork requirements
When refinancing your loan, you’ll need to provide us with the buying paperwork above and other documentation related to your property and current loan.
As a guide:
- Terms and conditions of your current loan.
- Property information to help with a valuation.
Read more about refinancing your home loan.