Easy English documents
There are Easy English versions of the following documents available for you to access:
What is Easy English?
Easy English is a writing style that is concise and easy to understand. It uses simple language and carefully selected images to support key messages.
Easy English documents will:
- Explain one idea per sentence. Avoid lengthy sentences with lots of commas.
- Use basic language and grammar. Choose words based on everyday spoken language. For example, words like ‘autonomously’ are hard words.
- Use subheadings, bullet points, and white space to break up text. Bullet points or numbered lists can be useful to simplify language and help the reader identify key points.
- Use a simple font, layout, and design.
- Select images that are easily understood and add meaning to the text, for example, simple graphics or photos that demonstrate a particular idea or concept.