2020 Impact Report
It was a big and challenging year for many of our customers, staff and their communities. Our focus was on providing care and support throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as continuing to have a positive impact for people and the planet.
Our Impact Report shares our performance and impact for the financial year 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020.
You can read more about our financials at the 2020 Financial Report.
A 2020 snapshot
Key highlights from the year include:
- increasing customer satisfaction to 90%, up from 88% in FY19.
- achieving B Corp certification.
- winning awards for customer satisfaction (Roy Morgan), trust (Mozo) and being Australia’s greenest bank (Finder), plus listed in the World’s Best Banks Awards by Forbes.
- continued to enhance our digital banking offer, including being one of the early Australian banks to launch digital cards.
- supported projects that have a positive impact on people and the planet with partnerships, donations and grants totalling $729,067 from our Impact Fund.
- launched our Clean Energy Home Loan, rewarding customers who purchase, build or renovate an energy efficient home.
- marked our first full year running on 100% renewable electricity.
This year we developed our Strategy 2025, which is about providing further clarity and focus for the bank and our stakeholders as we strive to be a purpose-driven, digital-first bank.
As part of this work, we’ve updated our purpose and aspiration. This reflects both our successes against our previous purpose and aspiration plus the evolving landscape for purpose-driven business.
Our purpose is to inspire and empower our customers to use their money to create a world where people and the planet thrive.
Our aspiration is to be Australia’s most trusted bank and leading purpose-driven business.