Bank Australia Ltd.
Outline of our Policy
Our Policy sets out:
- what information we collect and hold
- how we collect and hold information
- why we collect, hold, use and disclose your information
- in what overseas countries we are likely to disclose your information
- how you can access your information
- how you can seek to correct your information
- how you can make a complaint and how we will deal with it.
Information we collect and hold
We will collect:
- your name and contact details
- your employment history
- references from your former employers
- where applicable, information about you from social media.
How we collect your information
We collect information about you from:
- you directly
- your previous employers to check your employment history and any references your former employers have provided
- in some circumstances, social media.
Bank Australia utilises a third-party provider to conduct employee background checks. If you are asked to provide personal information for the purposes of performing a background check, you will be issued with further information regarding the privacy of your personal information at that point in time by our provider.
How we hold your information
We hold your information in our human resources information system for a period of time that is compliant with the Australian Privacy Act (1988). We have security systems to guard against unauthorised access. We also limit access to our employees on a needs basis.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect and use information about you to:
- assess your application for employment with us
- verify information contained in your job application form
- assess, when applicable, whether you are a fit and proper person for employment in an authorised deposit-taking institution (ADI).
We do not retain your information if we decide not to employ you and we will destroy your information within a timeline compliant with the Privacy Act (1988).
If we decide to employ you, your information will be transferred to our employee records. Employee records are not subject to the Australian Privacy Principles.
We do not disclose your information except when the law requires for some enforcement or investigative process.
Disclosure to overseas recipients
We do not currently disclose your information to overseas recipients.
How you can access and/or correct your information
You can request access to your information at any time. If the information we hold is incorrect, you can request us to correct it. You can make a request by email, by visiting one of our branches or by telephone. Contact details can be found here.
Making a complaint
You may make a complaint to us if you consider that we have not complied with the relevant provisions of the APPs or the Privacy Act.
You can complain:
- in person at one of our branches
- by calling us on 132 888
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- in writing to Bank Australia; Locked bag 2035, Collingwood, VIC, 3066
We will deal with your complaint under our internal dispute resolution procedure. We will give you a Guide to our procedure when you make your complaint.
We are also part of an external dispute resolution scheme. If you are not satisfied with how we handled your complaint, you can take the matter there. We will tell you at the time how you can contact the external dispute resolution scheme.
Last updated February 2019