Bank Australia Ltd.
Privacy Notification for Job Applicants
This privacy notification sets out:
- why we collect and use your information
- how we collect your information
- what happens if you do not wish to provide us with information
- whether we provide your information to other organisations
- whether we disclose your information overseas
- how you can contact us.
Why we collect & use your information
We collect and use information about you to:
- assess your application for employment with us
- verify information contained in your job application form
- assess, when applicable, whether you are a fit and proper person for employment in an authorised deposit-taking institution (ADI).
We do not retain your information if we decide not to employ you and we will destroy your information within a timeline compliant with the Privacy Act (1988).
If we decide to employ you, your information will be transferred to our employee records. Employee records are not subject to the Australian Privacy Principles.
How we collect your information
We collect information about you from:
- you directly
- your previous employers to check your employment history and any references your former employers have provided
- in some circumstances, social media.
Bank Australia utilises a third-party provider to conduct employee background checks. If you are asked to provide personal information for the purposes of performing a background check, you will be issued with further information regarding the privacy of your personal information at that point in time by our provider.
What if you do not wish to provide us with information?
If you do not give us the information we require, we will not be able to assess your job application.
Providing your information to other entities
We only disclose your information to other entities as required by law.
- how you can access your information
- how you can seek correction of your information
- how you make a complaint and how we will deal with it.
Disclosure to overseas recipients
We do not currently disclose your information to overseas recipients.
How to contact us
- By calling us on 132 888
- By email at [email protected]
- In writing to Bank Australia Private Bag 12, Kew VIC 3101
Last updated February 2019