Privacy Notification for Job Applicants
This Privacy Notification sets out:
- why we collect and use your information
- how we collect your information
- what happens if you do not wish to provide us with information
- whether we provide your information to other organisations
- whether we disclose your information overseas
- how you can contact us
Why we collect & use your information
We collect and use information about you to:
- assess your application for employment with us
- verify information collected from you during the recruitment process
- assess, when applicable, whether you are a fit and proper person for employment in an authorised deposit-taking institution (ADI)
We may hold your information to assess your potential suitability for future job opportunities with us. We may contact you from time to time about other job opportunities with us. You can advise us if you no longer wish to be contacted by emailing us at email@example.com. We may also hold your personal information for use in relation to any concerns or grievances raised with the recruitment process.
Your personal information will be deleted when it is no longer reasonably required for the purposes described above, or when you withdraw your consent and we are not legally required to continue storing it.
If we decide to employ you, your information will be transferred to our employee records. Employee records are not subject to the Australian Privacy Principles but we will take appropriate safeguards to protect your information and its security.
How we collect your information
We collect information about you from:
- you directly
- your previous employers to check your employment history and any references your former employers have provided
- in some circumstances, social media
Bank Australia utilises a third-party provider to conduct employee background checks and assessments. If you are asked to provide personal information for the purposes of performing a background check or assessment, you will be issued with further information regarding the privacy of your personal information at that point in time by our provider.
What if you do not wish to provide us with information?
If you do not give us the information we require, we will not be able to assess your job application.
Providing your information to other entities
We only disclose your information to other entities as required by law.
- how you can access your information
- how you can seek correction of your information
- how you make a complaint and how we will deal with it
Disclosure to overseas recipients
We do not currently disclose your information to overseas recipients.
How to contact us
- By calling us on 132 888
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at the following address: Privacy Officer, Bank Australia, 50 Moore Street, Moe, VIC 3825
Last updated: November 2023