Life's good with a Platinum Rewards Visa credit card. You'll enjoy competitive interest rates, Qantas points on your purchases, and complimentary travel insurance. Share the pleasure with an additional card.
effective 31 March 2020
Important information about your complimentary credit card travel insurance
The Australian Government has issued advice for Australians not to travel overseas. In addition, a number of Australian State and Territory Governments have imposed travel and other restrictions. Because of this advice, the insurance that’s included on your credit card may not provide coverage.
For customers who have already activated complimentary credit card travel insurance, eligibility to claim remains the same. We recommend you check your Information Booklet for coverage details.
The Allianz Travel Team is currently experience high call volumes and waiting times. If you need to make a travel claim, we encourage you to do so at http://www.travelclaims.com.au. If you are looking for information about the impact of COVID-19 on travel insurance, read Allianz’s FAQs.
- complimentary overseas travel insurance. (Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. See the Travel Insurance Information Booklet for details.)
- earn 0.75 Qantas Points for every $1 spent1,2,3,5,6,7,8
- earn one additional Qantas Point for every $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia5
- monthly Qantas Points will be capped at 20,0003
- a low $189 annual fee ($59 for an additional card)
- safe online purchasing with Visa Checkout
- access to Visa Platinum entertainment offers
- access to Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
- manage the way you transact with card controls
- place a temporary lock on your card the moment you think it might be lost or stolen
- create custom notifications to monitor your card activity.
The fine print
Terms, conditions, fees and charges apply. Loans subject to normal lending criteria and approval.
1. Eligible purchases mean the purchase of goods or services from merchants accepting your Credit Card (including GST payable for those goods or services by you) excluding Ineligible Purchases. These include balance transfers, business expenses, cash advances and more. View list of Ineligible Purchases.
2. Free Qantas Frequent Flyer membership, (that is membership without having to pay the usual $89.50 joining fee is offered by Qantas Airways Limited ABN 16 009 66 901. This offer is available from 1 June 2014 but may be withdrawn at any time. This offer is non- transferrable and is not available in conjunction with any other offer. Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the program and each application is subject to approval by Qantas.
3. A points cap of 20,000 Qantas Points applies for each monthly statement cycle. Bonus Qantas Points do not count towards the points cap.
4. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn Qantas Points. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
5. Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number) purchased on the Qantas merchant account, i.e. directly with Qantas or some travel agents, and Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees apply. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, Qantas branded non airfare products, Qantas Freight and Qantas Staff Travel.
6. Qantas and Partner Classic Flight Rewards are subject to capacity controls and availability is strictly limited particularly at peak times such as school and public holidays. Some flights may not have any Classic Flight Rewards available. For Classic Flight Rewards flights, taxes, fees,and carrier charges are payable in addition to the points required, are subject to change and are quoted at the time of booking. Classic Flight Rewards flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure and other advance booking requirements may apply. For more information see qantas.com./classicflightrewards
7. Classic Flight Upgrade Awards are subject to capacity controls and availability (which is limited). Classic Flight Upgrades are not available on Classic Flight Rewards or on international airfares booked in E, N, O, P, Q and X class. You must have an eligible paid and confirmed ticket on a Qantas operated service (with a QF flight number on your ticket).
9. Bank Australia Limited ABN 21 087 651 607 AFS Licence No 238431 the insured, has entered into a Group Policy for overseas travel insurance with Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFS Licence No. 234708 (Allianz), the insurer. AWP Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 52 097 227 177, AFSL 245631) trading as Allianz Global Assistance is authorised by Allianz to arrange the Group Policy and deal with and settle any claims on its behalf and provides no advice. The benefit of the cover under the Group Policy is extended automatically to Bank Australia Platinum Rewards Visa Credit Cardholders where certain eligibility criteria are met (eligible cardholders). Eligible cardholders do not have their own policy or enter into a contract of insurance with Allianz. Subject to certain terms and conditions, they have the right to recover the amount of their loss from Allianz solely by operation of section 48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). Bank Australia is not the agent of Allianz or the eligible cardholders, does not provide any advice and does not receive any commission in relation to the cover. Refer to the Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance Information Booklet, available here for all information about cover, including full terms and conditions and limits and exclusions that apply.
10. Benefit available where at least 50% of the amount payable for the overseas travel (including accommodation arrangements) for you and any accompanying person is paid using your Platinum Rewards Visa Credit Card before the start of your travel.
11. Accompanying persons are your spouse (or legally-recognised de facto) and/or your dependents under the age of 21 who travel with you for the entire trip. The maximum cover provided, regardless of the number of persons the claims relate to is $1,000,000. Benefit limits and sub-limits apply. There is no cover while travelling in Australia.
12. Refer to the Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance Information Booklet available at here, for all information about cover, including full terms and conditions and limits and exclusions that apply.
13. Interest will be charged on any purchase you make using your Platinum Rewards Visa Credit Card from the day you make the purchase, with no interest-free period applying while a balance transfer is outstanding.