What is card fraud?
Card fraud includes lost and stolen cards, counterfeit cards, and the use of card details on the internet or over the phone.
We monitor for unusual transactions, and offer security features such as chip, PIN and Verified by Visa (VbV), but it’s up to you to keep your card secure.
What you can do
- Sign the signature panel as soon as you receive a new card, and make sure that you securely destroy any old ones
- Regularly check that your card is still in your possession
- Don’t let anyone else use your card, or the card details
- Treat your card as if it was cash, and don’t leave it unattended (e.g. in a car, at your workplace, or in a public place)
- If you’re not sure about the security of a merchant or an ATM, don’t use it