2021 Impact report
This past financial year has been a year of exceptional growth and positive impact. Despite the uncertainty and evolving challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, this was a year of highlights and milestones for everyone here at Bank Australia and our customers.
We exist as a bank because we share a belief with our customers that money can be used to create a world where people and the planet thrive. This report tells the story of how we worked to achieve the best possible outcomes for our customers and remained true to purpose during the 2021 financial year.
A 2021 snapshot
- We welcomed a record amount of new customers.
- Our impact finance business continues to grow.
- We reached $1 million in total of community grants awarded to customers since 2016.
- We launched our partnership with Indigenous Business Australia.
- We doubled the size of our conservation reserve.
- We launched the second iteration of our responsible banking policy.
In 2018, we launched the first version of our Responsible Banking Policy. This year, we did the first full review of the policy. We looked at how we delivered our policy commitments, talked to customers and looked for opportunities to improve and strengthen the policy.