Register for eStatements
If you join Bank Australia online, you’ll automatically get eStatements. If you don’t, personal banking customers can register for eStatements in internet banking.
- Log in
- Go to ‘Settings’ then ‘Manage eStatements’
- Select ‘Register’ from ‘Actions’ and select the email address
You can also register by phone, secure email or at a branch.
We email you when they’re ready, or you can check them any time. We can’t send them to you for security reasons.
- Log into the app or internet banking
- In the app, select ‘Statements’ (or 'Services' in internet banking)
- Then ‘View eStatements’
It depends on what type of account you have, and whether you’re registered for eStatements or not.
All eStatements are generated monthly. Personal customers can access and download up to 16 months of statements via Internet Banking.
If you’re not registered for eStatements, then you’ll receive a paper statement quarterly (unless you request them monthly). Credit card and overdraft accounts have monthly statements.
Personal banking – you can request paper statements by sending a secure mail, giving us a call, or visiting a branch
Business banking – all your account statements are paper-based, sent quarterly. If you are a signatory on a business account, you will need to request estates by calling us, sending a Secure Mail via Internet Banking or the app, or by visiting a branch.
Children's trust accounts - statements are paper-based, sent quarterly. Parents and guardians can request eStatements in addition to this via Secure Mail.
Checking your balance
You can search, filter and download transactions in the app and internet banking.
In the app
See a simple list of transactions in the accounts tab. For a more detailed history:
- Go to 'Accounts'
- Select your account and tap ‘...’ in the top right
- Select ‘Download transaction history’
- Choose date and range
- Tap ‘Download’
In internet banking
- Select ‘Accounts’ then ‘History’
- Select your account, and then select ‘Advanced search’
- Add your filter criteria, then click ‘Download’
You can receive push notifications each day for your account balance. It's easy to turn it on in the app menu:
- Go to 'Settings' then 'Notifications'
- Select 'Accounts' at the top of your screen
- Select the account and turn on 'Scheduled balance updates
You can switch on SMS alerts to receive information about your account directly to your mobile. Each alert costs 25 cents, and you can change your preferences anytime.
- When certain transactions occur
- When your balance reaches a specified amount
How to set up SMS alerts
- Log into internet banking
- Go to ‘Services’ and select ‘Alerts’
- Select ‘Settings’ (the gear icon) and set your preferences
- Click ‘Create Alert’ to select the alerts you want to receive