Seven steps for switching
1. Open an account
The first step! Open an Everyday Access account online. It’ll take you five minutes. If you have a savings account, open one of those too.
2. Get the App
Download the Bank Australia App from the App Store or Google Play. Once you’re in, set up your Round UP, card controls and change your PIN.
3. Set up PayID
Make faster, simple payments with PayID.
4. Move your money
Jump into your old bank’s App and transfer your money over, both your every transaction account and your savings.
5. Update your work
Email HR, fill in the form, text your boss: however your work manages personal details, update yours to make sure your pay finds you.
6. Update your direct debits and credits
Yes, updating your credits (like your salary) and your debits (like your mortgage or rent payments} is probably the least fun part of the process.
But it’s easier than it used to be! Why? We can do a chunk of it for you. Just complete and send us this 'Switch regular payments' form and we can transfer direct credits and debits to your new Bank Australia account.
There’s more good news too.
Since July 2019, banks must give you a list of all your direct debits and recurring payments from the last 13 months. Ask them for that list so you don’t miss any. Then update your details with those companies directly. Most of the time you can update by logging into your online account – a phone call is rarely needed.
Don’t forget accounts/profiles you have too, things like:
- Rideshare e.g. Uber and Didi
- Online shopping e.g. ASOS and The Iconic
- Streaming services e.g. Spotify, Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime
- Memberships e.g. gym, union, sports clubs, newspapers and magazines
- Household things e.g. bills, food boxes like Marley Spoon or Dinnerly, Who Gives a Crap, TOMs Organic
- Government services (log in to myGov for lots of these) e.g. Medicare, ATO, Centrelink
7. Close your old accounts
Contact your old bank and close those accounts. Some banks let you do this in their App, others you’ll have to call.
Feeling really productive? Here are some bonus steps to set yourself up perfectly.
- Text your friends and family your new BSB and account number (hint: BSB is 313 140)
- When your card arrives, set up Apple/Samsung Pay on your phone
- Follow us on Instagram for the cool stuff we and our customers are doing