Today we’re excited to launch the Property Upgrade version of the Bank Australia Clean Energy Home Loan.
Under the Property Upgrade criteria, customers who make ambitious green renovations could be eligible for a discount of 0.40% on their home loan for up to five years.
Eligible upgrades need to have been completed in the last 12 months and include:
- Achieving at least 1 Star increase on the Residential Efficiency Scorecard (without the impact of solar PV) or
- Doing three or more eligible upgrades, including installing solar hot water, a battery, double-glazed windows and a real-time in-home energy monitoring system.
We know energy efficient homes are an essential part of climate action. So we’re proud to support our customers to upgrade their homes to be more efficient.
Upgrading your home could look like:
- Putting in solar panels
- Installing a real-time energy monitoring system
- Installing a hot water heat pump or solar hot water system
- Changing your windows to double-glazed
- Switching your lights to LED lights
- Improving your insulation
- Installing a battery
- Adding an Electric Vehicle charging point
Find out more detail about which upgrades are eligible on our Clean Energy Home Loan page.
Our Managing Director Damien talks about why he’s proud of the Clean Energy Home Loan and the investment from the Clean Energy Finance Corporation in his announcement.