Our range of transaction accounts
Everyday Access – people aged 13+ (or younger with a parent/guardian)
Basic Access – for health care and concession card holders
Pension Access – for those on an aged, veterans or disability pension
Commercial Access – for companies, SMEs, sole traders and more
Community Access – for schools and not-for-profit organisations
Popular features for personal customers:
Rates and fees
See and compare Bank Australia transaction rates and fees.
How do I avoid monthly fees?
For personal customers, we waive the $5 monthly account fee if any of these apply to you:
- Under 25 years old
- Deposit at least $2,000 a month (like your pay)
- Have combined Bank Australia loans, savings or investments of $50,000+
- On an aged, disability or veteran pension
- Have a healthcare or pensioner concession card
- Have a Bank Australia Premium Home Loan Package or Clean Energy Home Loan
Managing your account
What is the Government guarantee?
The guarantee protects customer deposits of up to $250,000 with authorised banks under what’s called the Financial Claims Scheme. It’s there in the event that a bank goes out of business.
Where are the account terms and conditions?
- Personal customers – Bank Australia transaction account terms and conditions
- Business customers – Bank Australia business transaction account terms and conditions
Common questions about our accounts
What account does it change to when I turn 25?
The account switches to our Everyday Access when you turn 25.
I'm under 13 years of age, can I open an account?
Call us or visit a branch with a parent or guardian and their ID.
Can I earn interest on Pension Access?
Yes, interest is calculated daily on a portion of your balance and credited quarterly. Visit Pension Access for details.
What kind of pension do I need to be on?
A Commonwealth Seniors Health card, Pensioner Concession card or Health Care card.