Yes. Google Pay has a number of security features:
- Your physical card number is not stored on your phone;
- Just like a contactless transaction with your Bank Australia card, Google Pay will not work for purchases over $100 unless you enter your PIN at the terminal;
- You’ll need to have a screen lock active on your phone. Google Pay will not work without a PIN, password or pattern screen lock;
- If your phone is ever lost or stolen, you can use Android Device Manager
to instantly lock your device, or even wipe itclean of any personal information;
- You will continue to enjoy $0 liability for unauthorised transactions the same as when using your physical card.